You aren't feeling good. At all. But you aren't feeling terrible. You dont want to lose your gains. Should you go to the gym? Or just stay home?! Here is the answer:
It can be confusing to know if you should exercise when feeling a bit under the weather. Here are a few rules of thumb to follow:
1. First of all, determine if you have a fever or not.
2. 🤒Fever? - 🚫DO NOT work out … you want your resources to go to battle the virus! Your body is already getting a workout, so let it do its job.
3. 😏No Fever? ✅Good then follow this principle:
4. 🤷🏻♂️Not really sure how you feel? Movement almost always heals. But start slow. 🏃♂️Just going for a walk can make a world of difference. (If walking made you feel worse - Go back to bed.)
5. 💪If walking made you feel better move on to some bodyweight exercises at home. Take it easy, listen to your body. Try this simple workout to gage how you feel:
6. 🤧No matter where your symptoms are, you don’t want to spread your germs to others, so when it doubt, take a day or two off from going to a public gym.
7. 😷These tips from the Centers for Disease Control can help you avoid picking up germs as well as not spreading them.
The best course of action, of course, is to prevent illness as much as possible through healthy lifestyle choices. And sorry to point out the obvious...you’re actually a LOT less likely to get sick when you workout regularly! Not sure where to start? Contact us today and we will create a custom plan for you and your goals.